Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Recipe of the Day
Roasted Orange Chicken and Glazed Vegetables
1) 2 navel oranges, halved
2) 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
3) 3 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 -inch pieces
4) 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
5) 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive-oil
6) 2 teaspoons ground coriander
7) 1 teaspoon black pepper
8) 1 teaspoon kosher salt
9) 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
10) 2 1/2 cups mixed salad greens
11) 1 tablespoon honey
12) 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut 3 orange halves into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on a rimmed baking sheet with carrots. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and toss to coat. Rub chicken with coriander and arrange in a single layer surrounded by oranges and vegetables; season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender, approx. 25 mins.
2) Meanwhile. juice remaining orange half into a large bowl and whisk with mustard and remaining oil, salt and pepper. Add greens to bowl and toss to coat.
3) Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Drizzle honey over veggies and sprinkle with tarragon; stir to combine. Slice chicken breasts and serve with salad and vegetables.
Nutritional value per serving:
Protein: 38 grams
Carbs: 27 grams
Total Fat: 11 grams (saturated 2 grams)
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 860 mg