Friday, February 22, 2013
Recipe of the Day
This recipe provides 12 servings.
1) 12 large eggs
2) 1/2 teaspoon salt
3) 1/2 teaspoon salt
4) 3 tablespoons olive oil
5) 1 medium onion, chopped
6) 2 clove garlic, minced
7) 2 Tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme, rosemary or chives)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper until blended.
3) Warm oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Saute' onion until softened but not browned, approx. 4 mins. Add garlic and saute' 1 more min. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
4) Whisk onion mixture and herbs into eggs. Divide among the 12 muffin cups and bake until set in the center, 25 to 30 mins.
Nutritional value per serving:
Total Fat: 8 grams (saturated 2 grams)
Protein: 6 grams
Carbs: 2 grams
Sodium: 170 mg