Monday, February 18, 2013
Recipe of the Day
Pan Seared Chicken
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2) 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
3) 10 yellow teardrop or cherry tomatoes, halved
4) 4 full sprigs basil, chopped
5) 3 sprigs oregano, chopped
6) 1 teaspoon chili flakes (suggestion: if you would like to up the hotness, increase the amount of chili flakes, 1/4 teaspoon at a time.
7) 3 cloves garlic, minced
8) 1 to 2 tablespoon balsamic glaze
9) A pinch of sea salt
10) A pinch of black pepper
11) 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 to 6 oz each)
1) In a medium bowl, toss together 1 tablespoon oil and the next 8 ingredients.
2) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add remaining 2 tablespoon oil to pan, then place chicken into pan, presentation-side-down. Let chicken brown and cook for approx. 3 mins, then turn over to cook on opposite side for another 3 mins. Transfer skillet to oven and cook chicken for approx. 6 mins. Remove chicken from oven and plate, spooning quarter of salsa evenly over each breast.
Nutritional value per serving:
Total Fat: 12 grams (saturated 2 grams)
Carbs: 7 grams
Protein: 27 grams
Sodium: 250 mg