Monday, February 4, 2013
Recipe of the Day
Tilapia Citrus Couscous Salad
This recipe provides 6 servings.
1) 1 cup dry whole-grain couscous
2) 1/2 lb tilapia fillets (2 large or 4 small), skin and bone removed
3) 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
4) 2 stalks celery, ends trimmed and finely diced
5) 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
6) 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
7) Zest and juice 1/2 lemon
8) 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
9) 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
10) 2 garlic cloves, minced
11) Olive oil cooking spray
12) Zest and juice 1 lime
13) 2 teaspoons dried parsley
14) A pinch of sea salt
15) A pinch of pepper
1) Cook cousous according to package directions.
2) Heat a large non-stick skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Spritz with cooking spray and reduce heat to medium high. Place tilapia in skillet and cook for 2 mins. per side. Remove tilapia and let cool for approx. 5 mins. before flaking with a fork.
3) In a large bowl, combine couscous, tilapia, carrots, celery, onion and bell pepper.
4) In a medium bowl, whisk together lime zest and juice, lemon zest and juice, Dijon, oil, garlic and parsley. Season with salt and black pepper. Pour dressing over tilapia-couscous mixture and stir until well combined. Garnish with additional parsley if desired. Serve immediately or can be chilled in refrigerator, covered for up to 2 days.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Nutritional value per serving:
Total Fat: 4 grams (saturated 1 gram)
Carbs: 21 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 11 grams
Sodium: 100 mg