Saturday, January 26, 2013
Recipe of the Day
Chipotle Potato Salad
This recipe provides 6 servings.
1) 2 lb. small red potatoes
2) 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3) 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
4) 3 scallions, white and light parts only, finely chopped
5) 1 tablespoons minced seeded chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
6) 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
7) 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
8) 3 tablespoons olive oil
9) 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1) Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add tablespoon salt, bring to a boil over high heat and cook until potatoes are tender, approx 10 mins (suggestion: poke with tip of a knife to check). Drain potatoes and let stand, until cool enough to handle. cut each potato into quarters and transfer to a large bowl.
2) Sprinkle potatoes with red wine vinegar and let stand approx. 10 mins. Add celery, scallions, chipotles and parsley to bowl; stir to combine. Drizzle potato salad with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Serve at room temperature.
Nutritional value per serving:
Total Fat: 7 grams (saturated 1 gram)
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbs: 31 grams
Sodium: 580 mg