Friday, January 18, 2013
Recipe of the Day
Mahi Mahi Tacos
This recipe provides 2 servings.
1) 5 oz mahi mahi, cut into 1-inch pieces
2) 1 tablespoon Chipotle seasoning blend
3) 2 tablespoons red taco sauce
4) 2 teaspoons low-fat mayonnaise
5) 1/2 cup finely shredded cabbage
6) 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
7) 1/4 cup salsa or pico de gallo, drained
8) A pinch of salt
9) Olive oil spray
10) 2 lime wedges (optional)
11) 2 taco sized corn tortillas
Recipe Tip: Have all the ingredients ready to go before you cook the fish, so that the fish doesn't get cold. Assemble tacos as soon as the tortillas are warm
1) Mist a small, nonstick frying pan with spray and place it over medium-high heat. Season fish pieces evenly with Chipotle seasoning blend and salt, then transfer them to the hot pan. Cook fish, turning occasionally, approx. 6 min., or until pieces are lightly browned and flake easily in the center.
2) Meanwhile, using a small whisk, mix taco sauce and mayonnaise in a small bowl until well combined.
3) Remove fish from pan and place it in another small bowl. Cover to keep warm.
4) Place 1 tortilla in the pan. When the bottom is warm (in a few seconds), flip over. When both sides are warm, transfer it to a plate. Repeat with the remaining tortilla. Spread 1/2 of taco sauce mixture onto center of each tortilla. Add equal portions of fish, cabbage, cilantro and salsa to each. Fold each tortilla in 1/2 to form a taco. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Nutritional value per serving:
Total Fat: 4 ( saturated 1 gram)
Carbs: 34 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 30 grams
Sodium: 605 mg