Friday, January 11, 2013
Crock Pot Recipe 17
Sweet Glazed Chicken Thighs
This recipe provides 6 servings.
1) 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
2) 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3) 1/4 teaspoon salt
4) 1 teaspoon olive oil
5) 1 cup pineapple juice
6) 2 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
7) 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
8) 3 tablespoons water
9) 2 tablespoons cornstarch
10) 3 cups hot cooked rice
11) 4 tablespoons sliced green onions
12) Cooking Spray
1) Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan. Cook approx. 3 mins on each side or until browned. Transfer chicken to crock pot coated with cooking spray. Stir pineapple juice into drippings, scraping pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove from heat; stir in brown sugar and soy sauce. Pour juice mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 2.5 hours.
2) Transfer chicken to a serving platter with a slotted spoon. Increase heat to high. Combine 3 tablespoons water and cornstarch in a small bowl; add to sauce in crock pot, stirring with a whisk. Cook approx. 2 mins or until sauce thickens, stirring constantly with whisk.
3) Serve with rice. Top with chicken thighs and sauce. Sprinkle each serving with green onions.
Nutritional value per serving:
Total Fat: 7 (saturated 2)
Protein: 32 grams
Carbs: 34 grams
Sodium: 370 mg
Calcium: 35 mg