Monday, December 3, 2012
Core Strength Exercise
1) Lie on your left side with your right arm placed behind your head and your left arm lying flat on top of your thigh. Tightly press your legs together.
2) Tighten your abdominals and lift both legs off the floor.
3) Sliding your right hand down your outstretched leg, lift your head, and crunch your oblique muscles from your upper body at the same time. Perform 2-3 sets of 6-10 repetitions.
This exercise targets the abdominals and obliques also strengthens and stabilizes the body.
Proper Form Ques:
1) Your buttocks to be squeezed before lifting to more efficiently stabilize the pelvis.
2) Your neck to be elongated.
3) Your hand to slide down on the top leg as you crunch up.
*This exercise should be avoided if you have lower-back pain.*