Sunday, November 11, 2012
Recipe of the Day
1) 2.5 lb. red potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8-inch thick
2) 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
3) 1 1/4 cups of milk
4) 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
5) 1 tsp. salt
6) 1 tsp. pepper
7) 1 cup shredded Gruyere
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 9-inch round baking dish.
2) Arrange half of onion slices in a circular pattern in dish, overlapping just slightly. Top with a third of potato slices, then sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper and 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. melted. butter. Repeat layers and add a top layer of potato slices.
3) Bring milk to a boil and pour over potato slices in baking dish. Bake until tender and of a golden color, approx. 45 mins.
*This recipe provides 8 servings.*
Nutritional value per serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Cholesterol: 36 mg
Protein: 8 grams
Carbs: 27 grams
Sodium: 366 mg