Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Healthy Breakfast for One
Asian Style Scrambled Eggs
1) 1 clove garlic, chopped
2) 1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
3) 1 tsp peanut oil
4) 3/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
5) 6 snow peas, quartered
6) 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
7) 3 scallions, chopped
8) 1 1/2 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
9) 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg, beaten
1) In a skillet or wok on medium-high heat, brown garlic and ginger in half of the oil. After a couple of minutes, add mushrooms, snow peas and pepper.
2) Stir-fry until mushrooms begin to brown and lose most of their moisture. Add chopped scallions. Stir-fry for another couple of mins. while drizzling half of the soy sauce over the mixture; remove vegetables from skillet.
3) Add remaining oil, then eggs. When eggs begin to bubble around the edges, stir them with a spatula until scrambled. Just before eggs are completely cooked, add vegetables and mix thoroughly.
4) Serve warm, with remaining soy sauce drizzled over top eggs after cooking.
Total Fat: 10 grams
Carbs: 12 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 22 grams
Sodium: 580 mg
Cholesterol: 230 mg