Thursday, November 15, 2012
Good Info to Know!
You can assist in preventing disease and diabetes with a few easy and quick meal plan modifications.
1) Limit your intake of saturated fat to less than 10 % of your total calories.
2) Set a goal to consume a minimum of 5 servings of whole vegetables and fruits daily.
3) Choose high fiber, unrefined and whole foods over starchy, refined carbohydrates.
4) Set a goal of eating 5 to 6 small meals throughout the day.
5) Include beans, dried peas or lentils in most meals.