Saturday, October 20, 2012
Tasty Crock Pot Recipe
Rustic Style Chicken Stew
This stew is very flavorful, seasoned with thyme.
1) 2 lbs (910 grams) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
2) 2 carrots, cut into 1 inch-thick slices
3) 3 medium onions, quartered
4) 2 potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
5) 2 cans (14 ounces each), fat free broth
6) 1 teaspoon celery seed
7) 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
8) 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
9) 8 ounces mushrooms, halved
10) 1 cup frozen peas
11) 1 cup frozen corn
Combine the chicken, carrots, onions, potatoes, and broth in the crock pot. Stir in the celery seed, pepper, thyme, mushrooms, and corn. Cover and cook on low until the chicken is done and the vegetables are tender, 7-9 hours or on high 4 to 6 hours. Stir in peas and cook until they are done, approx. 20 mins.
*This recipe provides 4 servings.*
Tip: Baby carrots can provide a quick substitute for the 1-inch-thick carrot slices.