Prep Time: Approx. 15 mins
Use nonfat cream cheese from a tub because it is softer and easier to spread than the nonfat cream cheese in a block.
1) 1/2 cup nonfat cream cheese, softened
2) 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
3) 1 teaspoon commercial roasted minced garlic
4) 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
5) 5 miniature bagels, split and toasted
6) 1 large plum tomato, cut into 10 slices
1) Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Add 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and mix well. Spread 1 tablespoon cheese mixture over cut side of each bagel half; top each with a tomato slice. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
Provides 10 servings
Nutritional value per serving:
Calories: 48 (17% from fat)
Fat: 0.9 grams
Protein: 2.5 grams
Carbs: 7.6 grams
Sodium: 115 mg