Chicken with Lemons and Olives
Total Time: approx. 45 mins
By bringing together tart lemons and briny olives with fresh herbs we have a Mediterranean-influenced chicken dish.
1) 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
2) 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3) 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4) 1 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
5) 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast half's, halved crosswise
6) 2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
7) 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
8) 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
9) 15 oil-cured olives, pitted and sliced
10) 1 large shallot, sliced
11) 1 lemon, thinly sliced
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2) Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Shake to coat chicken. Marinate approx. 15 mins at room temperature. Arrange chicken mixture in a broiler-safe 11 by 7 inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with oregano and the next 4 ingredients (up to shallot); top with lemon slices. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 mins.
3) Remove chicken from oven. Preheat broiler to high.
4) Place chicken 3 inches from broiler element; broil on high for 3 mins or until chicken is browned and done.
Serving Size: 1 breast half, 1/4 lemon, and approx 4 olives
Nutritional value per serving:
Fat: 7.5 grams
Carbs: 99 grams
Sodium: 255 mg
Calcium: 54 mg