Roasted-Squash Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
Total Prep Time: 40 mins.
1) 1/4 cup chopped, skinned hazelnuts or (unsalted) almonds
2) 1 pound butternut squash, halved, seeded and cut into 8 wedges
3) 3 tablespoons maple syrup
4) 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
5) 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
6) 5 cups mixed winter salad greens (for example, red leaf lettuce and radicchio)
7) 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
Olive oil cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place the nuts or almonds on a baking sheet in middle of oven. Bake for about 5 mins or until fragrant. Set aside.
Coat 13 by 9- inch nonstick baking pan with cooking spray. Place squash on pan, cut sides down. Cover with foil, and roast in middle of oven approx. 20 mins, until tender.
Whisk together the maple syrup, vinegar, and mustard in a serving bowl until blended. Add greens, and toss until well-mixed.
Divide the dressed greens onto each of 4 plates, and surround with 2 squash wedges. Sprinkle evenly with nuts and Parmesan and serve.
*Serving size: 1 1/4 cups of salad*
Nutritional value per serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Cholesterol: 4 mgs
Protein: 5 grams
Carbs: 25 grams
Sugar: 12 grams
Fiber 5 grams
Sodium: 147 mg
Calcium: 133 mg