1) Think Positive. Praise your successes. View lapses in your exercise program as learning opportunities.
2) Watch out for barriers: Anticipate barriers to exercise, and develop strategies to make exercise as simple as possible. Anticipate such barriers as: bad weather, fatigue, work, commitments, etc.
3) Get a workout buddy: A lot of people who workout with a partner enjoy it more and are more likely to stick to their workout program.
4) Timing: Exercise at a time of day that is most convenient. Do not exercise on an empty stomach or full stomach to prior to going to bed.
5) Invest in your feet: Invest in a good pair of workout shoes/sneakers. A quality pair of workout shoes is an investment that will reap great rewards!
6) Just do it!: Importantly, choose an activity that you enjoy and stick with it!