1) Prevalence of high blood pressure increases with age, and defers by gender.
2) Of the adults aged 65 and older, 55% of women and 48% of men have hypertension.
3) Over half of individuals with diagnosed high blood pressure control it by means of prescribed medication.
4) In adults aged 75 years old and older, only one -third of men and one- forth of women do not have hypertension.
5) Salt intake is often an associated factor related to high blood pressure.
6) Hypertension is more prevalent than arthritis.