Ingredients: This recipe makes 6 servings
2 pounds assorted medium beets
1/3 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
Garnish: freshly parsley leaves
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Divide beets between two large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil; drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, and sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Seal foil, making two loose packets.
2) Bake at 400 degrees for 45 to 55 mins, until fork tender.
3) Let cool 1 hour in packets, reserving accumulated liquid.
4) Bake walnuts at 400 degrees in a single layer in a shallow pan approx 10 mins., until toasted and fragrant
5) Peel beets, and cut into slices or wedges. Arrange beets on a serving platter or in a bowl. Drizzle with reserved liquid, and sprinkle with walnuts. Garnish with fresh parsley.