1) Sit in the center of a mat with knees bent. Pull your right knee into your chest by placing your left hand just below the knee and right hand on your ankle. This placement will help to keep the necessary alignment with your hip.
2) Roll your back down on the mat, maintain the knee to chest position.
3) Extend your left leg out in front of you just above the mat to allow the spine to be supported.
4) With your arms extended and your chin lifted toward your chest, inhale and engage your abdominals toward the spine.
5) Exhale and switch legs: bring the outside hand to the ankle and the inside hand below the knee. Stretch your extended leg out from your hip and to the center of the body.
6) Perform 6-8 sets of the single leg stretch.