1) The pistachio is a very good source of fiber; it is full of vitamins and minerals such as carotenes, antioxidants, iron and oleic acid.
2) Pistachios can be eaten straight out of the shell, as a tasty snack.
3) Pistachios can also be an essential key ingredient in pesto. Also, they can be grinded into flour for use in deserts and salads.
4) The oil within Pistachios can be abstracted for use as an aromatherapy, massage lotions and natural cosmetics.
5) The pistachio can be refrigerated for up to 3 months and frozen up to a year.
6) 1 ounce of pistachios contains 13 grams of fat, 8 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of dietary fiber, 2 grams of sugar and 6 grams of protein. Also, like other plant based foods, they posess no cholesterol.