Balance is a component of all movements.
Balance training has been shown to beneficial to improve joint stabilization during movement.
The following exercise is very good for increasing balance and stability:
1) Stand with feet shoulder width apart and pointed straight ahead. Hips should be in a neutral position.
2) Lift chest, retract shoulders slightly, and tuck chin.
3) Draw navel in, activate gluteus, and brace.
4) Lift one leg directly beside balance leg. Maintain optimal alignment, including level hips and shoulders.
5) Hold for 5 to 20 seconds
6) Slowly return to original position
*Perform 2 sets of 12 with each leg*