Self-awareness is an essential precondition for positive change; therefore, the topic to explore is what’s working and what’s not working in the area of desired change.
Monday, September 9, 2019
Friday, August 30, 2019
Mindful walking: is beyond getting from one place to another, mindful walking provides numerous mental and physical health benefits.
Mindful walking is a way to relieve stress and improve health, and walking mindfully, fully being in the moment, at least 10 to 30 a day is one of easiest ways to accomplish these important goals.
Walking is a simple, low-impact, inexpensive exercise, which can be done by almost everyone anywhere. So be mindful of the benefits of this simple and life enriching exercise!
Sunday, August 25, 2019
Thursday, August 22, 2019
This recipe provides 2 servings
1) 2 eggs
2) 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
3) 12 grape tomatoes, halved
4) 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
5) 4 strips cooked bacon, cooked
6) Red pepper flakes
Ingredients for the dressing:
1) 1 small garlic clove, minced
2) 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3) 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
4) 1 tablespoon apple Cider Vinegar
5) 1 teaspoon clover honey
6) Salt and pepper to taste
1) Place eggs in a saucepan; add cold water to cover the eggs by 1-2 inches. Heat over high heat until just boiling. Remove from the burner, cover, and let eggs stand in the hot water for 11 minutes. Drain and run cold water over the eggs. To peel the eggs, tap them on the counter top until cracked, and use a teaspoon (or your fingers) to remove the peel. Cut each egg in half and set aside.
2) In small bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, and honey. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Add 2 cups of lettuce to 2 salad bowls.
4) Drizzle the dressing equally over each bowl.
5) Top with eggs, avocado, bacon, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes.
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Sunday, August 18, 2019
Protein is an essential key to a successful diet as it pertains to weight control.
Protein assist you feel full faster during a meal and it also helps you go longer between meals before you feel hungry again.
The word protein is derived from the Greek proteios, meaning "first rank" or "most important."