“Live to Learn, and You will Really Learn to Live” –
John C. Maxwell
1) Set specific goals in behavioral terms.
2) Set realistic yet challenging goals.
3) Set long-term (3-month) and short- term (weekly and daily) goals.
4) Establish actual dates for attaining your goals.
5) Create goal achievement strategies-for example, writing them down on paper or posting them on your refrigerator (a place you will likely see it a few times a day).
6) Find others who support your pursuits of your goals.
Crispy Rice Bowls with Fried Eggs
This recipe provides 4 servings.
1) 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
2) 2 ½ cups cooked brown rice
3) ½ teaspoon sea salt plus a pinch, divided
4) 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
5) 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
6) 1 11-ounce package baby spinach
7) 1 tablespoon lime juice
8) 4 eggs
9) 1 ripe avocado, sliced
10) 1 cup julienned carrot
11) 4 radishes, thinly sliced
12) 2 scallions, thinly sliced
13) 4 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
1) Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium -high heat. Add rice and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon sea salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy, approximately 10 minutes. Divide among 4 bowls.
2) Add the remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon canola oil and ginger to the pan. Add spinach, in batches, and cook, tossing, until welted, approximately 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice and ¼ teaspoon sea salt. Divide among the rice bowls.
3) Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in the pan. Crack eggs into it and cook until the whites are set and the edges are crispy, approximately 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining pinch of salt. Place an egg on each rice bowl. Top with avocado, carrot, radishes, scallions, and Sriracha.
Chai Seed Protein Bites
1. 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
2. 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3. 1/2 cup chia seeds
4. 1/2 cup honey
5. 1/4 cup vanilla or chocolate protein powder
6. 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Additional unsweetened shredded coconut, optional
1. In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
2. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Roll in additional coconut if desired. Store in the refrigerator.